Wednesday 14 September 2016

Apologies!

I'm sorry I've been posting so infrequently.

I promised my (potential) agent that I'll have written the first 7,000 words of The Book in eight days time.

What this means is that I've been re-living - in graphic detail - my last day of drinking, and first few days of not drinking.

I've been remembering the despair, the self hatred and the fear, followed by the utter exhaustion, headaches and obsession.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure how I did it.

But, here's the truth: You only have to go through it once. And it's a very short period of time compared to the rest of your life.

So, if you're still unsure about whether or not you can do it then please believe me when I say that if I could, then so can you.

If you'd like to read my story from the beginning, then click here. Or wait for the book...

(I'm not sure if it's actually going to happen. I'm kind of terrified that it might, but terrified that it won't. Either way, I'm terrified).

Love to you all,

SM x

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read your book you inspire so many thank you xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have to be terrified, option one is the best to have. For some reason, I don't believe option two will happen. Either way, I'm grateful to have, and continue to, read your story as you were/are living it. Now if I could only truly believe I could do it too, what an accomplishment that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and btw, no apologies needed! How you've continue to do this for the past year and a half, I don't know. But it has been a joy for me to read. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SM, your writing has been a catalyst for many of us. You keep things in perspective and make the rest of us feel normal. You also motivate by reminding how great it is to do things in life alcohol free. Good luck on your writing, may your thoughts flow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, found your site a few days ago, and will probably be back often sifting through your experiences. I'm 9 days in, so far so good. Lois from Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make it happen! The world needs you to. And, you need you to, also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl! Think of how many more people your book will help!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi SM, that's a pretty tough call, having to relive it all like that, I am in a help group and although I am nearly six months sober and have no intentions of ever drinking again, some folks in there are still struggling big style, it's hard to listen too and can bring up some pretty tough stuff I would rather forget...but it also reminds me never to go there again....as for the book...Feel the Fear and do it anyway,....it will be brilliant and I for one am looking forward to being able to give it to people I meet along the way that need some help.....no apologies needed...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just glad and amazed you still write a blog x

    ReplyDelete
  12. On day 9 I went out for dinner with my husband for my birthday. We shared Thai food, and he had 2 beers and I ordered Special Thai Iced Tea. There was no alcohol in it, but tasted - funky. And sure enough - I got food poisoning. Mild, because I drank only a bit - but I think I'm down 2 pounds on day 11. :) Onwards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi SM,
    You're at 18 months now - so it makes sense that the frequency of your posts will go down. Almost daily during the first 30 days and very frequent during the first six months make sense. Staying on top of it checking a couple of times in the next six months is also logical. By one year - you've pretty much got it down and are reflecting and making minor adjustments.

    Glad you're reliving and writing the book - it has the potential to reach a much wider audience - and is a great service - thanks for what you do and for what you've shared with us.

    Eeyore (9 some months sober after 5 years of trying to moderate)

    ReplyDelete